St Albans School is committed to embracing changes in technology.
In 2017 all students in Years 3 – 6 are able to bring their devices to school. As these are a tool for learning they will be used when appropriate; this will obviously vary depending on the type of learning taking place.
- Ensure the device meets the specifications as recommended by the school
- Minimum of 7.5” screen size
- Hold its charge for a full school day
- Recommended devices, if not already purchased, are:
- iPad, iPad mini, Chromebook, MacBook Air, HP Stream
- Noel Leeming and Harvey Norman provide excellent advice and service around BYOD purchasing
- Family sharing is available via your apple ID, meaning you can purchase an App once and share it across family devices.
We are not asking parents to purchase a device, rather asking to make use of a device children may already use at home as part of their learning programme at school, however, we wanted to make this information available to you before Christmas and the new school year. St Albans School is dedicated to equitable access for students and will continue to provide devices for those students unable to provide their own.
You can read more about our BYOD policies on our website. This information includes:
- Digital safety protocols
- Device use
- Device security
We will also launch an ipad BYOD programme for students in Year 2.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Director of e-Learning firstname.lastname@example.org